Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Double Digits!


That's my boy!

Ten years ago today I was at a laundromat washing the comforter from our bed because it was too big to fit in our washing machine. While it was washing I popped over to Taco Bell for a bean burrito with sour cream and no onions. A lady at church had told me that Mexican food always put her into labor so I wondered if Taco Bell was Mexican enough to put me in labor. Apparently the answer to that question is yes. I woke up around 4:00 am pretty sure "it was time." I let Steve sleep until 6:00 and when I woke him up and told him he said something along the lines of, "You mean I don't have to go to work today?!"

The last decade has been amazing. God has blessed us tremendously with a smart, sweet, loving boy. He has a special love for animals and nature and he will read just about anything he can get his hands on. He plays the piano beautifully and has an arsenal of knock knock jokes ready to share. He can build and create masterpieces with Legos and K'nex. He has a special gift of being able to draw and is currently putting together a book of comics. There is nothing he can't do when he sets his mind to it.

I can only imagine how many hermit crabs and other creatures will be walking around when he gets a house of his own. (Although I do believe I have him on video promising to never leave home...I'll have to look for that.) Oh, and his backyard will probably be quite amazing if he puts into action all the plans he currently has for our backyard.

My prayer for Benjamin is that he will clearly see the plan God has for his life and courageously follow that plan. I pray that he will always be surrounded by people who truly care for him and who also love and serve Jesus. I pray that God will bless him with a wife and children and they will grow together in their love for each other and the Lord. I pray that Steve and I will continue to raise him in the way God wants us to and that we will provide him with a good, solid foundation. I also want his life to continue to be filled with happiness and laughter.



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I love you, Benjamin Charles!!!!!!!

No comments: