Tuesday, January 27, 2009

God showed up in a BIG way

"Come alive at 11:25" is the name of the new Contemporary service at our church. Last Sunday was one of the most powerful and moving worship experiences I have had in a long time. The drummer of the praise team gave a testimony. He challenged us to go out into the world and make a difference because WE CAN. He said it's cold out there.... but it doesn't have to be. God spoke to me through Russ and I am so thankful. I needed to hear those words, to be challenged to get out of my comfort zone and start sharing the love of Jesus with all those around me - not just my family and friends and people I already know.

"And I'll never know how much it cost to see my sins upon that cross" That's a line from one of the praise songs we did on Sunday. I know the song, I've sung it many times along with the radio, but, WOW! When I heard those words and saw them on the screen it brought tears to my eyes. I never thought of it like that before. We'll never truly be able to understand the price He paid for our sins. And to picture my sins up on the cross.

It's the least I can do to try to reach out to those around me with the love of Jesus. I just LOVE IT when I go to church and worship breaks out!

No comments: